Warm lentil salad is an easy 6 ingredient weeknight meal. It takes less than 40 minutes to prepare and makes excellent leftovers.
- 2 cans Lentils (800g)
- 1 can Diced tomatoes (400g) – I dice them further to avoid big chunks
- 1/2 Red onion – diced small
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Parsley or Cilantro – roughly chopped (for garnish)
- Place olive oil and onions into a non-stick pot or wok over high heat.
- Cook onions until almost translucent, add 1 tbsp cumin. Continue to cook onions and cumin for about 4 minutes.
- Add lentils and red pepper flakes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and remaining cumin. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer, stirring occasionally.
- The mixture should start to reduce, roughly 20-25 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. You may also want to refresh the dish with a sprinkle of cumin.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1