Vegan Potato Salad with asparagus is a light salad perfect for a bbq or summer lunch. Made with whole baby potatoes for a colourful touch. Free from the top 8 allergens and sesame!
For the Salad
- 1 cup Red Onion – diced
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 lbs Baby Potatoes – sliced in half, make sure the pieces are roughly the same size (best is a mix of red, gold, and purple)
- 2 cups Asparagus – cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Italian Parsley – roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Large bowl with ice water – for after blanching the asparagus
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp Mustard (I like Dijon)
- 1/2 tsp Honey (or Maple Syrup for Vegan)
- 2 tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Cook your onions: Coat the onions in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake the onions at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until just brown – you want them to still have a crunch.
- Boil your potatoes: In a large pot of water boil the potatoes until soft – roughly 10-15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook them or they will break apart when you toss them with the vinaigrette.
- Blanch your asparagus: Place your asparagus in a large pan and cover them with water. Cook them until they turn a bright green, this will happen quickly -around the time the water comes to a boil. Once they are bright green, transfer the asparagus to the bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. You want the asparagus to have a crunch.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl whisk all ingredients together. Or you can use a mason jar and shake them all together.
- Make the salad: Dry your cooked potatoes and asparagus. Transfer them to a large bowl. Add parsley, onions, and vinaigrette. Toss the salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: potato salad, vegan potato salad, vegetarian, vegan, salads