Chocolate Nut-Free Truffles are the perfect sweet treat! Top 9 free and made with oat milk.
- Simmer oat milk with cinnamon sticks for 5 minutes, until the milk takes on a cinnamon flavour.
- Remove cinnamon stick
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Add ¼ cup of the oat milk to the chocolate chips, stir until chocolate is fully melted and smooth. (Some milk may remain from the ⅔ cup that was simmered, it makes for a nice little treat!). If chocolate is not fully melted, use microwave to warm in small increments to melt and stir until smooth.
- Let chocolate & oat milk mixture cool. Cover and refrigerate the chocolate for a minimum of two hours, it should be hard to the touch but soft enough to scoop.
- Mix the cocoa and ground cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- To form into truffles, remove chocolate from the fridge. Using a spoon, about a tablespoon, scoop chocolate and place it in between your palms to roll and form into a ball. Work fast and with cold hands. Dip the ball in the cocoa-cinnamon mixture to coat. Repeat.
Truffles are best stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to six days.
This recipe uses store-bought oat milk. Homemade oat milk may be thicker, which can result in different measurements and consistency.
If your truffle dough sits in the fridge for more than two hours and becomes hard to scoop, soften in microwave on low until it becomes scoop-able.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: dessert
- Serving Size: 12
Keywords: vegan chocolate truffles, vegan truffles, dairy-free truffles, dairy-free chocolate truffles, allergy-friendly truffles, vegan cocoa truffles