Chocolate black bean protein balls are free from peanuts, tree nuts, and seeds. Made with black beans, cocoa, coconut oil, coconut flakes and chocolate pieces.
- 400g Can of Black Beans (rinsed well)
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 cup Rolled Oats (old fashion)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/3 cup Chocolate, either chips or bakers chocolate (roughly chopped)
- In a blender, Vitamix, or food processor blend black beans, honey, coconut oil, and cocoa together until a smooth paste is formed. Once you think you have blended it enough, blend it for 30 seconds more.
- Transfer black bean paste to a bowl and mix in rolled oats, coconut and chocolate until very well combined. The same applies here, one you feel it is well mixed, mix it again!
- Roll into balls, either weigh them out or eyeball it. If you weigh them out, take the overall weight of the dough and divide by 30 to get the weight for each ball (roughly 20g). When rolling into balls, the dough may crumble a bit, give it a squeeze (like dry play dough) and gently roll between your two hands.
- Keep refrigerated. They are good for up to 3 weeks.
- Category: Snack
- Serving Size: 1 (19g)