Spiced Pear Cake is inspired by the spices of Lebkuchen. It is best served with whip cream and a cup of coffee. Nut-free.
- 2/3 cup Butter (room temperature)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 1/2 cups Flour (All purpose)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 4 Pears – peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Springform pan – 10 x 2 inch Round Cake Pan
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped Cream or Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°C
- Combine butter, eggs and sugar until foamy.
- Add flour, baking powder, and ground ginger. Mix until all combined.
- Spread two-thirds of the dough in a greased and floured springform pan. Reserve the remainder of the dough.
- Mix pears, cinnamon, ground ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and maple syrup.
- Spread pear mixture evenly over dough.
- Drip the remainder of the dough in small pieces over the pears and press, so it sticks to the pears. Having gaps between pieces of dough is ok.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cake cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Best served with fresh whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: Spiced pear cake, pear cake, nut-free cake, fruit cake