Crunchy bread, blistered tomatoes, and fresh basil make this warm Panzanella delightful on so many levels. Pair it with a lightly spiced mozzarella and you have a party on your plate! This is a recipe for two.
- 1 Large Mozzarella Ball – cut into medium cubes
- 4 Sun dried tomatoes – diced
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Loaf of Crusty Bread – cut into cubes (roughly 5 cups)
- 1/2 Red Onion – cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 Large Garlic Clove – cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 16 Basil leaves – torn in half
- 14–16 Cherry Tomatoes
- Olive oil for drizzling
For the Marinated Mozzarella
- In a jar or Tupperware combine all the ingredients.
- Seal the container and give it a good shake.
- Refrigerate overnight or for 8+ hours.
- Before serving give it another good shake.
For the Panzanella
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a bowl, combine bread, onion, garlic, 1/4 cup of oilve, and salt (this is dependant on how salty you like food, recommend 1/4tsp). Coat everything in the oil.
- Spread bread mixture evenly on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper leaving space for the tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes on the baking sheet with the bread. Drizzle them with olive oil and a little salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes; they should have blistered (the skin will have separated). Place them aside for now.
- Give the bread a mix and place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the desired crunch.
- In a bowl combine basil leave, bread and tomatoes. The tomatoes may burst when mixing; this is a good thing.
- Add more salt to taste.
- Enjoy warm.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1