Kefir overnight oats are the easiest breakfast ever! And will leave your tummy very very happy.
This recipe came from having bought way too much buttermilk, which we drink like you would chocolate milk here in Germany. After having some success I thought kefir would probably also work. Well, kefir won my tastebuds over by a landslide. I like the fermented quality the kefir adds (it took me a few tries to get used to it), but if you still aren’t a fan, a touch of maple syrup will take out that fermented zing.
These oats are creamy, soft, and seriously easy to digest. They take no time to make at night and are a great grab ‘n go breakfast.
Flavour up your Kefir Overnight Oats
Since kefir overnight oats are quite neutral in flavour you can top them off with whatever you fancy. My favourite way to eat them is to add frozen raspberries. Add the frozen raspberries to the top of the ats when you make them and by the morning the raspberries have thawed, and the juices run beautifully into the oats.Print
Kefir Overnight Oats are a great way to start your day! Only three ingredients, gluten free, and happily sugar free.
- 2 cups of Kefir
- 1 cup Rolled Oats (use Gluten free oats to make this GF)
- Frozen raspberries, maple syrup, apple sauce, raisins, nut/seed butter
- 2 containers with sealable lids or 2 medium bowls and plastic wrap
- In each container add 1/2 cup of rolled oats and 1 cup (or 250mL) of Kefir. Mix well.
- Optional is to add some frozen fruit to the top of the mixture.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap or seal container.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least 8 hours.
- Garnish with fruit or maple syrup.
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 2
Kortney is your typical atopic triad! She manages asthma, eczema, environmental and food allergies. Kortney is a co-creator of the online community Allergy Travels and co-host of The Itch Podcast. She wants to spread joy in a community that can easily see the hard side of life with atopic disease and believes that you can have a full life with food allergies, it may just be lived a little differently!