Hello Dollies are 100% decadent. The best part, they are a super easy recipe that is sweet, full of wonderful surprises, and easily adaptable to your family’s food allergy needs. These are nut-free and we’ve provided a dairy free option too.
Hello Dollies are made of delicious layers one sweeter than the next.
Start with a thick graham cracker crumb base, add chocolate, raisins, dried cranberries, if you want to go crazy add white chocolate chips, cover with condensed milk, and bake until caramelised.
That’s all. Can you feel the sugar coma already!
Making Allergy-Friendly Hello Dollies
We like to bake our own graham crackers for the base to make sure they are 100% allergen-free. After you make the crackers, simply crush them in a big freezer bag and crumble any remaining larger bits with your hands.
If you don’t like raisins, or dried cranberries, or chocolate (gasp), feel free to switch up your add-ins. We do suggest keeping in the chocolate for the melted quality they lend to the bars.
Many recipes online call for coconut or nuts. If you are looking to add a crunch pretzels make a wonderful alternative to pecans or almonds. These can also be made dairy-free using coconut condensed milk and vegan butter.
You seriously only need a tiny piece because they are packed with flavour in the most delightful way!Print
Hello Dollies are a delicious bar with a graham cracker crust and layered with chocolate, raisins, dried cranberries, and condensed milk. Dairy free option below.
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 7 tbsp Butter (melted) or Vegan butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Chocolate (Chips or Bakers Chocolate – cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 can Condensed Milk or Coconut Condensed Milk for dairy free option
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar until well combined.
- Press graham cracker mixture into a parchment lined 9×13 pan. Pat down and spread evenly.
- Bake graham cracker crust for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once the crust is baked, add chocolate, raisins, and cranberries in even layers.
- Spread condensed milk evenly over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.
- Let cool at least an hour before slicing.
- Serving Size: 1
Kortney is your typical atopic triad! She manages asthma, eczema, environmental and food allergies. Kortney is a co-creator of the online community Allergy Travels and co-host of The Itch Podcast. She wants to spread joy in a community that can easily see the hard side of life with atopic disease and believes that you can have a full life with food allergies, it may just be lived a little differently!