This baked oatmeal recipe with apples and cranberries uses the best of fresh seasonal fruit. If you have a leftover bag of cranberries after Thanksgiving, this is the recipe for you! It’s dairy-free, nut-free and gluten-free.
If you love this baked oats recipe, you’ll love our hidden veggie overnight oats too!
Cranberries dress up this recipe for the holidays
I love baked oatmeal because it’s a slightly heartier version of regular oats cooked on a stovetop. It makes a nice breakfast or brunch dish to serve to a group of friends or family.
Fresh cranberries add a beautiful splash of color which makes this a festive dish to set on your holiday table. I’ve used warming spices such as cinnamon and vanilla, coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds.
Switch out seasonal fruit to enjoy all year long
You can think of this baked oatmeal recipe as a base to use seasonal fruit year round. I love to make it with blueberries and peaches in the spring and summer. For instance, switch out or omit dried fruit, use lemon zest instead of orange and alternate with different seeds or nuts of choice.
This healthy baked oatmeal recipe is a great make ahead dish
I like to prep all the ingredients except coconut oil & cranberries the night before, cover and refrigerate overnight. You can pop it in the oven the next morning. It will come together in a cinch and everyone will love it because it’s not only pretty but sweet, tart and tasty.
This healthy baked oatmeal is also refined sugar free and nutrient dense making it a nice option to start your day.
Our best baked oatmeal also freezes
I love freezing leftovers so that I can have a healthy breakfast on busy weekday mornings. To freeze; cut into individual portions and lay flat on a baking sheet. Store in the freezer until portions are solid.
Transfer to a freezer safe bag or glass container. To defrost: Grab a slice the night before and defrost in the refrigerator or let sit out on the counter in the morning for a few minutes and defrost in the microwave.
Baked Oatmeal is a crowd pleaser
Baked oatmeal is a dish that is nourishing and comforting. It is a festive breakfast treat and can be the best gift to give to yourself and your loved ones during the holidays.Print
Baked Oatmeal recipe with Apples and Cranberries is a hearty and delicious breakfast. Nut-free, Gluten-free and Dairy-free. Coconut-free option
2 cups rolled oats (use certified gluten free for GF option)
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 whole millet seed (or nuts or seeds of choice)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup maple syrupSee Also
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
2 1/4 cup coconut milk or milk of choice plus 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar. *See Notes
1/2 teaspoon heaping orange zest
1/4 cup dried currants or raisins
3/4 cup peeled and diced apple
3/4 cup fresh or frozen whole cranberries
3 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil, melted. *See Notes
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Oil/grease inside of a round( 9 inch) baking dish, 8 inch square or 9 x11 rectangle baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients; oats, seeds, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and coconut flakes. Set aside oat mixture.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk together wet ingredients; maple syrup, vanilla, egg, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar and orange zest. Stir in apple, raisins or currants.
- Spread oat mixture into baking dish. Pour wet ingredients on top. Stir. Scatter cranberries. Drizzle melted coconut oil over the top. Tap dish once. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the top is slightly golden and oats are firm. Check early as all ovens bake at different times.
- Serve warm with an extra drizzle of syrup or yogurt.
- To make coconut-free; use vegan butter or avocado oil instead of coconut oil, leave out coconut flakes and use any plant based milk alternative
- Use whole milk and omit apple cider vinegar
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast, baked oatmeal, cranberries, holiday brunch
Ingredients to make the best baked oatmeal recipe
Shahla is a mom of two girls who live with multiple food allergies, asthma and eczema. Shahla is trained as a Holistic Chef who wants to share the comfort that cooking has brought her family. She believes that everyone, regardless of dietary requirements, deserves a plate full of color and flavor.