Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits make a great accompaniment to any meal. Easy to make and done in less than 40 minutes.
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 6 tbsp (85g) Butter (Cold and diced)
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk (well shaken)
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Add butter. With your fingers blend the butter until it looks like coarse sand.
- Add cheese and buttermilk. Mix the ingredients together with a spatula and do not over-mix. The dough should be sticky.
- Transfer to a very well floured surface and knead around 5-8 times. Dust with flour if it is sticky.
- Shape dough into a sausage. Cut the sausage into 6 pieces. Form each piece into a circle.
- Place on lined baking tray, with at least an inch between biscuits.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. (May vary with type of oven)
- Cuisine: Bread
- Serving Size: 1