Here is a list of vegan, nut-free and cruelty-free products to help you create an allergen-free nighttime skin care routine.
Allergens aren’t just in the foods we eat. Beauty products may contain allergens and it can be time consuming and confusing to research ingredients to make sure they are safe.
For more information, check out our article about food allergens in beauty products, with a cheat sheet of Latin names for food allergens.
Believe me, I understand because I have food allergies too! But you don’t have to give up on taking care of your skin because of food allergies.
Everyone’s allergies are unique. Please check ingredients to make sure they are safe for you and/or your family.
self care, self love and blissful sleep
An allergen-free nighttime skin care routine is important because it helps to create habits around self care and self love which ultimately lead to blissful sleep.
When we do not sleep well, our body doesn’t feel restored, our skin shows signs of depletion, and stress can feel unmanageable.
Especially with this year being challenging on many levels and so much suffering around us, we need to find joy in the small moments.
Self care isn’t about vanity; it’s about making yourself feel good and learning to feel worthy when it comes to taking the time out for you. Now go light a candle, connect to your inner beauty, get some blissful sleep, and wake up with glowing hydrated skin. You deserve this!
How to set up your allergen-free nighttime skin care routine
- Make yourself a priority: ask your partner or roommates to watch the kids and pets while you disappear into the bathroom.
- Set the mood: transform your space into a spa/sanctuary by lighting candles, incense or your favorite essential oils into a diffuser.
- Connect with you: take a few deep intentional breaths
3 basic steps to clean your skin that don’t feel basic
Step 1: Cleanse
- Start with a double cleansing process. Using the double cleanse method eliminates the need for makeup wipes which equals less waste for the planet.
Rose essential water, pink kaolin clay, and a coconut oil derivative removes make up and sunscreen. Even if I didn’t wear makeup, it feels nice on my skin.
high end, coconut-free alternative
This is great for all skin types. You can use it alone or as the perfect first step in any double cleansing routine.
Step 2: Second Cleanse
- Removes impurities, excess debris, or oil that might be leftover. A second cleanse gently nourishes and adds moisture back into the skin.
For blemish-prone, oily and sensitive skin. It also has salicylic acid which keeps skin clear and break-out free.
Gently removes makeup without stripping skin of essential moisture. Gives you a dewy beautiful glow.
Step 3: Toner
- Removes impurities and balances the Ph in your skin to restore hydration. Toners with alcohol can often strip the skin of its own moisture. Alcohol-free toners are a better option to soothe, nourish and keep your skin looking supple.
Features sake water, a powerful antioxidant that brightens skin, helps with oil production and refines the look of your pores.
3 beauty add-on’s that will level up your allergen-free nighttime skin care routine
In order of use:
with hyaluronic acid boost the moisture levels in our skin up to 1000%! We naturally produce hyaluronic acid but as we age it starts to deplete. The more hydration our skin has, the more youthful it will look.
Oz Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Face Food Dawn Renewal Face+Eye Serum
- Eye Cream
targets dark circles, puffiness and fine lines. A little goes a long way!
Naturium Multi-Peptide Eye Cream
- BONUS! Lip Balm
use right before bed and wake up with soft, kissable, supple lips.
E.L.F Ride or Die Mighty Mint Lip Balm
More in Beauty
Keila has worked in the beauty industry for 14 years. A makeup artist, skincare expert and owner of Keila Alleyne Beauty, she has multiple food allergies. Keila launched her allergy-friendly lipgloss and lipstick collection in 2015.